CALABASAS, CA. November 24, 2020 — Line 6 has released Helix® 3.0 firmware for its Helix Floor, Helix LT, Helix Rack, HX Effects™, and HX Stomp™ guitar processors. It’s a free update for Helix and HX hardware users. Many new 3.0 features are also available in the updated Helix Native plugin.
“Helix 3.0 is one of the biggest firmware updates Line 6 has ever developed for any product,” says Eric Klein, Chief Product Design Architect, Line 6. “It cements our dedication to the Helix platform and ushers in all new amps, effects, and features we didn’t even know Helix was capable of when it was first released.”
The 3.0 updates include two new amp models, two cabs, 16 effects, plus major performance enhancements. Particularly notable are five polyphonic pitch effects designed to transparently shift even complex chords up or down two octaves.
- US Princess, based on* the Fender Princeton Reverb amp
- Das Benzin Lead, based on* the Lead channel of the Diezel VH4 amp
- Poly Pitch, a Line 6 original
- Poly Wham, a Line 6 original
- Poly Detune, Line 6 original
- Poly Sustain, a Line 6 original
- Poly Capo, Line 6 original, works equally well on guitar and bass
- 12 String, a Line 6 original 12-string guitar emulation
- Horizon Drive, based on* the Horizon Devices Precision Drive pedal
- Swedish Chainsaw, based on* the BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal Distortion
- Pocket Fuzz, inspired by the Jordan Boss Tone fuzz
- Bighorn Fuzz, based on* the 1973 Electro-Harmonix “ram’s head” Big Muff
- Ballistic Fuzz, based on* the Euthymia ICBM fuzz
- Horizon Gate, based on* the Horizon Devices Precision Drive’s gate
- Acoustic Sim, based on* the BOSS AC-2 Acoustic Simulator
- Glitch Delay, an open-ended delay effect with endless creative options
- Shuffling Looper, an inspiring idea generator that intelligently slices and reconfigures your loops
- Stereo Imager, Line 6 original
- 1×10 US Princess, based on* the Fender Princeton Reverb cab
- 1×12 US Princess, based on* a Fender Princeton Reverb cab with an Alnico Blue speaker
All Helix and HX devices support the following enhancements:
- A Favorites model list to store your custom amp and effect edits, including footswitch assignments
- You can now save default settings for every amp, cab, or effect
- Your custom settings appear every time you load the block
Additionally, Helix Floor, Rack, and LT users now have the option to disable Path 2 for true preset spillover.
Meanwhile, the HX Stomp pedal’s simultaneous block count has increased from six to eight and now includes a Command Center menu for controlling other devices via MIDI or software via QWERTY keystrokes. And Helix Native now includes a Tuner and Gain Reduction meters.
Pricing & Availability
The Helix 3.0 firmware and Helix Native 3.0 updates are free and available now.
About Line 6, Inc.
For nearly a quarter of a century Line 6 has developed products that empower musicians to achieve their full creative potential—from the world’s first modeling amplifier and the iconic red POD to today’s Helix and HX families of guitar processors and Powercab active guitar speaker systems. These and other Line 6 products have received numerous accolades, including the Guitar World Platinum Award, the Premier Guitar Premier Gear Award, and the Guitar Player Editors’ Pick Award.
For more information, visit line6.com.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!