Helix / HX 2.90 Firmware Update & Helix Native 1.90 Include New Models and New Features
CALABASAS, Calif. April 21, 2020 — Line 6 today released Helix/HX 2.90 as a free firmware update for its Helix® Floor, Helix LT, Helix Rack, HX EffectsTM, and HX StompTM guitar processors. Version 1.90 of the Helix Native plug-in is also available as a free upgrade from any previous version.
“Helix/HX 2.90 continues our commitment to pushing the Helix and HX platform forward,” says Eric Klein, Chief Product Design Architect, Line 6. “Now that our new Helix Core architecture is complete (finished with 2.80), we’re able to accomplish things that were impossible when Helix was first released, such as realtime output and gain reduction meters, signal present/clip indicators, and fully customizable stomp assignments. Helix/HX 2.90 also puts the pieces in place for Helix/HX 3.0 and beyond.”
Helix/HX 2.90 includes a new amp, two new cabs, six new effects, and new features:
- Revv Gen Purple, based on* the purple (Gain 1) channel of the Revv® Generator 120
- 1×12 Fullerton, based on* the classic 1953 Fender® 5C3 Tweed Deluxe
- 1×12 Grammatico, based on* the modern 2016 Grammatico LaGrange
- Alpaca Rouge, inspired by* a modded Way Huge® Red Llama
- Legendary Drive, based on* the Carvin VLD1 Legacy Drive (high-gain channel)
- Xenomorph Fuzz, inspired by* the Subdecay Harmonic Antagonizer
- Rochester Comp, based on* the Ashly® CLX-52 and created in conjunction with Billy Sheehan
- Pebble Phaser, based on* the Electro-Harmonix® Small Stone phaser
- Dynamic, Line 6 This new Split block type lets you dynamically route signals to Path B, depending on how hard you play
- Output Meters (Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT)
- Gain Reduction Meters (Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT)
- Signal Present/Clip Indicators (Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Stomp)
- Improved IR Referencing (Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects, HX Stomp) Impulse Response blocks now reference each IR file by waveform instead of index number
- New Command Center Commands (Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects) HX Preset, HX Snapshot, and HXLooper enable customization of footswitches within Stomp Footswitch Mode
- Shortcut > Model Subcategory (Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp) Quickly navigate model subcategories without having to open the Model List
New Features in Helix Native 1.90 Include:
- A/B Compare A new set of buttons lets you temporarily store all of the Helix Native instance’s parameter settings, then tweak any number of parameters and easily compare an A version and a B version before
- IRs can now be dragged directly from the Impulses list onto the signal flow view
- Double-clicking an IR in the Impulses list auto-populates the currently selected IR block
- A “Check for Updates” box has been added to the Preferences window
Pricing & Availability
The Helix/HX 2.90 firmware and Helix Native 1.90 updates are free and available now.
About Line 6, Inc.
For more than two decades, Line 6 has created products that empower musicians to achieve their full creative potential—from the world’s first modeling amplifier and the iconic red POD to the Helix and HX families of guitar processors and Powercab active guitar speaker systems. These and many other products have received numerous accolades and awards, including the Guitar World “Platinum Award,” the Premier Guitar “Premier Gear Award,” and the Guitar Player “Editors’ Pick” Award. For more information, visit line6.com.