The resulting EVH 5150 Overdrive joins hand-adjusted multi-stage MOSFETs with a full complement of controls to deliver overdriven tube-like tones and exceptional sonic flexibility through a wide variety of amps and speaker cabinets.
Whether on stage or in the studio, the EVH 5150 Overdrive’s controls dial up the whole spectrum – from Eddie’s groundbreaking early classic tones to the high gain, super-articulate sound he uses today. Output and Gain controls set your volume and distortion levels, while the 3-band passive tone stack EQ section shapes your sound to taste. The Boost switch kicks the 5150 Overdrive into high gear with extra gain and compression, and the Gate control – powered by the Smart Gate circuit – tames unwanted noise.
The EVH 5150 Overdrive features true bypass switching and comes in a road-worthy housing emblazoned with custom EVH artwork.
- Designed in close collaboration with Eddie Van Halen
- Delivers a full range of powerful saturation via multi-stage MOSFETs
- Features 3-band EQ section for versatile tweakability
- Boost switch adds extra gain and compression
- Gate control tames unwanted noise
- Sounds great through a wide variety of amps and speaker cabs
Street price will be about $199
For more information about the MXR EVH 5150 Overdrive Pedal please visit Dunlop’s website at www.jimdunlop.com
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!
Leave a reply