The Binary Star is a unique celestial time modulator from Red Witch Pedals in New Zealand.
Immeasurably versatile, the Binary Star allows users access to a vast range of analog flavored sounds, from straightforward delays (Slap Back to long repeats) and modulation effects like chorus, and vibrato, through to insane pitch shifted repeats and ultra fast pitch shifted vibrato repeats.
The Binary Star combines the best elements from their previous delay offerings (The Violetta, The Titan and The Violet) and delivers what Red Witch owner Ben Fulton describes as “The best sounding delay we’ve released, hands down. This pedal offers all the things you’d expect from a great delay unit – but there’s so much more to what it can do. It’s a really unique tone machine”.
Each unit is hand signed and numbered by Ben. The Binary Star can be used in mono or stereo mode, where the stereo mode splits the wet and dry signals into two outputs which can be run into separate amplifiers. Featuring 5 dials, two toggle switches and one foot switch, the Binary Star allows you to dial a near infinite number of sounds from it’s multidimensional heart.
- Universe : This controls the delay time. Unlike standard delay times the universe control increases delay time as the control is turned clockwise, but begins to reduce delay time in the last stages of it’s sweep. Like the classic analog delays of old, as you increase the delay time you will hear background artifacts in the sound. You’re pushing the engine. But it’s ok. The Binary Star’s warp drive can take it. No need for alarm.
- Replicate: Used to determine the number of repeats in longer delay settings or the resonance, in shorted delay settings.
- Mix: Allows you to choose any blend of Dry, Wet and Dry and 100% Wet.
- Velocity: Determines the rate of the modulation
- Depth: determines the depth of the modulation. Set this fully counterclockwise to turn the modulation function off. This control works interactively with the Universe dial. In longer delay settings, increasing the Depth control will reduce the overall delay setting.
- G (Left Hand Toggle Switch): Set this switch to the right to increase overall delay time, to the left to reduce.
- C (Right Hand Toggle Switch): Set this switch to determine the flavor of the wet signal – to the left for a warmer sound, to the left for a brighter sound.
- Foot Switch: True Bypass – Engage to bring the Binary Star into your signal path
- LED Left Hand: Indicates that the unit is engaged or not
- LED Right Hand: Pulses in time with the modulation rate.
- Right Hand Jack Socket: Input
- Far Left Jack Socket: Mono Output (use this when only using one amplifier)
- Middle Jack Socket: Stereo Output. Attaching a second amplifier to this socket automatically engages stereo mode.
- 2.1 Socket: DC input. 9 volts, Regulated DC. Center pin Negative, sleeve Positive. Current draw 60ma.
- 380grams. 4 ½ inches x 2 ½ inches x 2 inches (120mm x 63mm x 52mm)
The Red Witch Binary Star is available now from https://redwitchpedals.com/products/binary-star
Red Witch Binary Star – First Video
Video by Red Witch Pedals
About Red Witch
Red Witch is a boutique manufacturer of world-leading premium analog guitar and bass effects pedals. Critically acclaimed with outstanding international reviews and products enjoyed by an enviable list of world respected artists, Red Witch has gained a reputation for designing and manufacturing innovative floor effects pedals of the highest quality, renowned for their tone, functionality and artist usability.
At Red Witch we take pride in offering unique functionalities unavailable in any other boutique analog guitar pedal effects worldwide.
Conceived in a garage in Paekakariki, New Zealand by musician Ben Fulton in 2003, Red Witch first came to international prominence in 2008 when Andy Summers from the Police used hand built Red Witch pedals on the Police Reunion tour.
Red Witch products have established a loyal following by some of the biggest names in music including Andy Summers (The Police), Sting (Solo, The Police), John Mayer, Mike Patton (Fantomas, Solo, Faith No More), The Arctic Monkeys, Terry Lawless (U2), Monte Pittman (Solo, Madonna), Trinity Roots (New Zealand), Shihad (New Zealand), The Little Bushmen (New Zealand psychedelic/ roots band), Neil Finn (Crowded House, Solo, Split Enz), INXS and Guns n’ Roses.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!
Leave a reply