Faithfully Recreating Legendary Algorithms from the Ground-breaking Hardware
LITTLE FERRY, NJ, USA: Eventide is proud to announce availability of the SP2016 Reverb plug-in — perfectly recreating a classic collection of reverb algorithms from its history making SP2016, pro audio’s first rack-mount multi-effects processor — as of October 1.
The original SP2016 introduced the concept of ‘plug-ins’ to a perplexed pro audio world way back in 1982! Revered for its signature reverbs by mix and recording engineers like Mick Guzauski, Roy Hendrickson, George Massenburg, Dave Pensado, and Allen Sides, to name but a notable few, the SP2016 can be heard on countless hit records, from Madonna to Mariah Carey and Adele to Eminem.
“The classic Eventide SP2016 has always been my go-to reverb,” says legendary mix engineer Dave Pensado. “It has the unique ability to make vocals, instruments, and drums sit perfectly in a mix. The new SP2016 plug-in now gives us all access to this incredible reverb, and no one is happier about this than me!”
Precisely modelling every aspect of those hardware units was neither quick nor easy, but today the must-have sonic beauty bestowed by these reverb classics can be applied to anything — in-the-box or live.
- Three distinct reverb types, each available in two versions: Vintage and Modern. The Modern algorithms are brighter, more diffused, and use higher bit resolution.
- Room: Basic no-nonsense, no-frills ambient ‘room.’ The extreme pre-delay range makes it possible to use this effect for reverberant doubling and single echoes.
- Stereo Room: Recreates the ambience of a large concert hall, with very clear, natural reverberation.
- Hi-Density Plate: Plate reverb with dual pickups simulating the effect of a big, heavy plate allowing users to make vocals, guitars, and percussive instruments appear much bigger and brighter than they actually are.
- Unique Position control allows users to take their listeners from the back of the room all the way to the stage while retaining all of their other settings.
- Control the structure of the reverb by fine-tuning the controls — including PREDELAY, DECAY, POSITION, and DIFFUSION. The EQ section allows for simple high and low filtering of the reverb with adjustable filter ranges. The low filter can be used to cut or boost at the specified frequency.
- Boasts a variety of artist presets including some by Dave Pensado, Joe Chiccarelli, Richard Devine, Sasha, George Massenberg, The Butcher Bros., Buda & Grandz, Erin Tonkon, and more.
The new SP2016 Reverb (MSRP $249.00 USD) is available as an AAX/AU/VST plug-in for Mac and PC at a promo price of $79.00 USD thru October 31, 2018. Owners of Eventide’s 2016 Stereo Room or Anthology XI can cross-grade for $29.00 USD during the promo period.
For more in-depth information, including a free and fully-functional 30-day trial, please visit the dedicated SP2016 Reverb webpage here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/sp2016
For fascinating historical context, check out Eventide’s legacy SP2016 webpage here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/rackmount/sp2016-signal-processor/
SP2016 Reverb Sound Examples
Since 1971, Eventide has remained at the forefront of recording technology. In 1975 it revolutionized the audio industry by creating the world’s first commercially available digital audio effects unit, the H910 Harmonizer®. Since then, its legendary studio processors, stompboxes, and plug-ins have been heard on countless hit records.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!
Leave a reply