EarthQuaker Devices Releases The Wave Transformer Transfiguration Oscillator Eurorack Module
AKRON, OHIO, JANUARY 2024 – EarthQuaker Devices dives deeper into the weird and wonderful world of modular synths, creating a complex single oscillator module with seven audio outputs, a host of exciting features, and a unique “wave transformation” circuit, all for the modest price of $199.00 USD.
“I have always been fascinated by metamorphosis, transmutation, transformation, transfiguration, and morphology. As such, I was working on an effects routing device that could morph a signal path by rearranging the order of effects by turning a single knob. This journey led me down the path to realizing the novel wave shaping circuitry found within The Wave Transformer.” says Joshua Kolenc, IT Systems Administrator at EarthQuaker Devices and designer of The Wave Transformer.
The Wave Transformer’s method of wave shaping differs from other complex oscillators in that it is not based upon classic wave folding, as is common in West Coast synthesis, or filtration as is common in East Coast synthesis. Rotating the Transform control will vary the Complex output from a simple waveform to a complex, gnarled mass of audio mutations.
You can yield countless variations on these mutations by combining this novel circuit with Hard Sync, Soft Sync, Linear FM and Exponential FM. Additionally, you can mute the source waveform to use the circuit as a harmonic gate/VCA, rendering The Wave Transformer a voice unto itself. If that’s not enough, there is a Shape Insert that allows you to transform external oscillations and modular-level audio sources.
The Wave Transformer comes with a lifetime warranty and is available now at Eurorack and EarthQuaker Devices dealers worldwide.
- 100% analog circuit
- Over 8 octaves of pitch tracking starting from A -1 (13.75 Hz), covering more than the full range of a traditional piano keyboard
- 7 simultaneous waveform outputs
- Dedicated attenuators / attenuverters for each CV output
- Exponential and Linear Frequency Modulation inputs
- Hard and soft sync inputs
- Pulse width control between 0%–100%
- Fixed -1 octave 25% duty cycle suboctave pulse output
- Sub Square output switchable between 1 and 2 octaves down
- Complex Source mute switch allows simultaneous control of volume and timbre up to audio rates via the Transform CV output
- Dimensions: 20HP / Max Depth: 1 inch (25.4 mm)
- Current draw: 90 mA max from the +12v rail, 90 mA max from the -12v rail
- Standard 10-pin Eurorack power connector with a marking to notate the negative pins
- Reverse Voltage protection
- Over-current protection on all outputs
- Skiff friendly – protrudes less than 1 inch (25.4 mm) behind the panel with the power header installed
- Lifetime warranty
- USA Retail Price: $199.00
About EarthQuaker Devices
Akron, Ohio-based, hand-crafted effects pedal manufacturer EarthQuaker Devices, top-six in the U.S. and one of the top-10 in the world, creates products that are available in approximately 1,000 retail locations in 40 countries. Key retailers include Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Sweetwater and Thomann.
The company’s current workforce reaches over 40 individuals, and has been praised for its commitment to inclusion, diversity and cooperation with other pedal manufacturers by Best Guitar Effects.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!