DR.Z Amplification Announces the EMS 2×12 Combo
Cleveland, OH – Sept. 15th 2017 – On the heels of the release their latest amplifier model, the EMS, Dr. Z Amps introduces a new 2×12 combo configuration to their line-up. This model features two 25 watt Celestion Greenback speakers in a solid birch ply cabinet modelled to spec after the classic “Bluesbreaker” combo cabinet of the mid-60s. The EMS 2×12 Combo produces the classic British crunch and bold, bluesy cleans the EMS head has become known for, but in open-back combo package.
The EMS 2×12 Combo is a 50 watt amplifier with the following features:
- “Hi” and “Lo” sensitivity switch that goes from clean to full blown cascading gain.
- Switchable tube or solid state rectifier allowing for saggy vintage compression
or punchy, low-end response.
- Full EQ including a master volume for “bedroom to ballroom” volume control.
- “Touch” switch to alter the transient response for matching to single coil or humbucking pickups.
- Hand-wired turret board construction assembled in Cleveland, OH.
- High quality components including a custom Drake replica output transformer by Heyboer.
- Three tolex colors: navy blue, red, and classic black with gold styling and “Z-Wreck” grill cloth.
- Two Celestion Greenbacks wired in series for 16 ohm.
The EMS 2×12 Combo retails for $2499 from official Dr. Z dealers.
A demo of the EMS 2×12 Combo
Video by Dr Z Amplification
More info on the EMS in both 2×12 combo configuration and head cabinet at the Dr. Z Amps website: http://www.drzamps.com/product/ems
About DR.Z Amplification
Dr. Z Amps have been hand-built in Cleveland, OH since 1988. Dr. Z’s designs have become a cornerstone in the boutique amplifier market since the company’s inception and are played by professional musicians including Joe Walsh, Brad Paisley, and Walter Becker on stage and in studios across the globe. With a current lineup of 21 amplifiers, Dr. Z Amplification has a plethora of tones from country, to jazz, to hard rock and has created classic, vintage sounds for the last 30 years.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!