The Australian guitar company Maton Guitars celebrates its 70th anniversary with the 70th Anniversary Series
The Maton 70th Anniversary Series reflects the experience and guitar wisdom made possible by 70 years of continuous guitar building in Australia.
Maton’s senior luthiers have put their collective heads together to create a guitar worthy of this significant landmark. In a first for Maton this guitar features a gloss soundboard and satin back and sides. The tonal result of this combination is the full, natural tone associated with Maton’s satin finish and a sophisticated top end usually associated with full gloss models like the Messiah. The back, sides and neck are made from select Victorian Blackwood with Rosewood binding while the bridge and fingerboard are Indian Rosewood. The sound board is AAA Sitka Spruce. The series comes in two body styles, the Dreadnought Cutaway and the smaller BG808 Cutaway. Both are fitted with gold Grover machine heads, tortoise shell pick guard and are fitted with the superb AP5
Pro pickup system. The bracing is fully scalloped and top and back are designed for maximum tonal performance.
This is a really elegant guitar, full of guitar building sophistication and tradition. After all, it has been 70 years in the making….
- Body Shape: Dreadnaught or 808 cutaway
- Face: “AAA” Grade Spruce
- Face Inlay: Blackwood
- Back and Sides: Blackwood – best figure w/ Rosewood and Rock Maple Pinstripe Zipper
- Cutaway: Yes
- Binding Inner: Herringbone
- Outer Binding: Rosewood w/ Rock Maple Pinstripe
- Neck: Blackwood
- Headstock: Rosewood veneer keyhole with MOP Maton logo
- Fingerboard: Rosewood ~ MOP Dots
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Paint: UV Gloss Face and Headstock, Natural Satin Back and Sides
- Pick Ups: AP5-Pro
- Machine Heads: Gold Grover
- Scratchplate: Tortoiseshell
About Maton Guitars
For more information about Maton Guitars please visit their website at maton.com.au
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!