Godin’s Stratocaster-type Progression Series has been around for a while. In 2015 the Canadian manufacture released the follow up called the Progression Plus.
The Godin Progression Plus features two Godin GS-2 Single Coil pickups in the neck & middle position and a single-coil-size “rails” humbucker – the Seymour Duncan JB Jr.™ in the bridge position. It also features a new ergonomic, rounded contoured body, the Godin High-Definition Revoicer system, Godin Tru-Loc Trem, and a 5-ply pearloid or tortoise shell pickguard. It is equipped with one master volume and one master Tone knob and a standard 5-way switch.
Tru-Loc Tremolo System
The Tru-Loc Tremolo System allows the player to regulate the Tremolo Arm placement via a simple Allen key adjustment on the rear of the sustain block, which locks the arm into your personal comfort zone. So the arm stays firm & true while offering smooth and full mobility within the players personal comfort zone.
H.D.R. High-Definition Revoicer
The H.D.R. revoices and augments the frequency range of each pickup and allows the player to go from passive to active pickups with the simple push of a button. Th H.D.R. provides extra bite, dynamic response and redefines the character of each pickup. It’s like having 2 sets of pickups in 1 guitar for 5 pure passive tones + 5 pure active tones.
- Hard Rock Maple neck
- Ergocut Rosewood or Maple Fingerboard
- Canadian Laurentian Basswood body
- 12″ (300 mm) fingerboard radius
- 25 1/2″ (647.5 mm) Scale
- 1 11/16″ (43 mm) nut width
- 2x Godin GS-2 single-coil pickups
- 1x Seymour Duncan JB Jr. single-coil-size ‘rails’ humbucker pickup (Bridge)
- 5-ply Pearloid or Tortoise shell pickguard
- Godin Tru-Loc Tremolo bridge
- Godin high-ratio machine heads
- Godin High-Definition Revoicer (H.D.R.)
- 5-Way switch, 1x Volume, 1x Tone
- Available Colours : Vintage Burst HG, Black HG, Trans Cream HG
Have a look at this product review by Michael Casswell of Guitar Interactive Magazine:
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!