Akron, Ohio – Extra special effects pedal manufacturer EarthQuaker Devices released the Aqueduct Vibrato on August 29, 2018.
Aqueduct uses a short delay line with eight modulation modes to deliver gentle amp-like rolling pitch-wobbles, steady kosmiche pulsations, rapid trills, slimy sonic squiggles, whammy bar wiggles, pitch bends, and anything else your pitch-warped brain can picture in your murky mind’s eye.
With eight modulation modes to choose, Aqueduct offers a variety of pitch-shifting vibrato tones adaptable to nearly any musical situation. Sine, Triangle, Ramp, and Square modes provide tried-and-true pitch modulation for players wanting to add subtle and organic textures to their music. Random mode introduces a “warped record” effect at low settings and rolls the dice on an unpredictable assortment of greasy pitch-bends as the Depth is increased. For players on the hunt for a dynamic and touch-sensitive Vibrato experience, Aqueduct’s Envelope modes allow for interactive control over the Depth, Rate, and pitch of the vibrato by simply playing harder or softer.
Envelope-Controlled Pitch mode (Env P) is equipped with a wet/dry blend expanding the tonal possibilities beyond vibrato to include chorus, pseudo-flanger, and tactile tremolo bar-like pitch bends. We’ve lovingly nicknamed it “the My Bloody Valentine setting.”
Aqueduct’s intuitive control set make it easy for pedal novices and tap-dancing pedalheads alike to dial in swampy vintage-inspired vibrato, synthesizer-like sonar pulses, touch-sensitive pitch modulation, and more. Rate adjusts the LFO speed which controls how quickly the pitch rises and falls. Depth controls the LFO amplitude, adjusting the intensity of the vibrato effect. The rotary switch labeled Mode selects between one of eight LFO waveshape and envelope combinations which drastically alter the character of the modulation.
It is also the latest pedal to feature EarthQuaker Devices proprietary Flexi-Switch™ feature which allows users to select between momentary and traditional latching-style switching in the moment and on the fly. For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
Aqueduct Vibrato will be available at EarthQuaker Devices dealers worldwide on August 29, 2018.
- True pitch-shifting vibrato
- Easily conjure swampy vintage-inspired vibrato, synth-like sonar pulses, touch-sensitive pitch modulation, chorus, flanger, and tactile tremolo bar-like pitch bends from a single pedal!
- Eight modulation modes
- Sine: The smoothest and most subtle of all waveforms, sine waves are most commonly associated with classic amp-like vibrato.
- Triangle: Triangle waves have a sharper rise and fall than sine waves with a more pronounced pitch bend at the peak of each LFO cycle.
- Ramp: Like a triangle wave with a twist. The Ramp waveform has a sharp sonar pulse followed by a rapid downward slope with a synthesizer-like sustain and release.
- Square: Square waves are the most rigid and abrupt of the waveforms. Rather than gliding smoothly between pitches, square waves produce an instant on-or-off transition between notes.
- Random: introduces a “warped record” effect at low settings and rolls the dice on an unpredictable assortment of greasy pitch-bends as the Depth is increased
- Env D: Envelope-Controlled Depth mode. The waveshape is set to a sine wave, the speed of which may be adjusted using the Rate control. The Depth control sets the sensitivity of the envelope – the point at which the effect kicks in as you play. In this mode, your pick attack sets the intensity of the modulation. The harder you dig in, the more pronounced the effect.
- Env R: This is Envelope-Controlled Rate mode. In this mode, the input level (i.e. pick attack) controls the LFO rate. Play harder for faster modulation or lay low for slower modulation speeds. The Rate control adjusts the sensitivity of the envelope. Depth selects the LFO intensity.
- Env P: This is Envelope-Controlled Pitch mode, which we’ve lovingly nicknamed “The My Bloody Valentine setting.” If your instrument doesn’t have a tremolo bar, it does now. In this mode, the frequency modulation is controlled by the dynamics of your pick attack and not the LFO.
- Flexi-Switch™ allows for momentary and traditional latching-style switching
- True Bypass
- Silent relay-based switching
- All-analog dry signal path
- All-digital wet signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current Draw: 68mA
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output Impedance: <10K Ohm
- USA MAP / Suggested Retail: $199 USD
- Boxed Dimensions: 5.5” x 3.25” x 3.25”
- Out-of-box Dimensions: 4.75″ x 2.50″ x 2.25″
Each and every Aqueduct is constructed with human hands in Akron, Ohio, USA
About EarthQuaker Devices
EarthQuaker Devices has been building guitar effect pedals entirely by hand in lovely Akron, Ohio since 2004.
Please visit http://earthquakerdevices.com/ for more information.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!
Leave a reply