Collings Guitars Unveils New CJ-45 T Slope-Shoulder Dreadnought
Austin, TX — January 20, 2021 — Collings Guitars continues to expand the tonal range of its acclaimed Traditional Series with the release of the all-new CJ-45 T slope-shoulder dreadnought.
As with all of its Traditional Series instruments, adding the “T” designation to an already established body shape didn’t mean simply tweaking its predecessor. In order to achieve a fully vintage-inspired tone, every aspect of the guitar’s voicing was reconsidered, from its bracing carves, thicknesses, and positioning to its flatter back design, resulting in an exceptionally dry, fundamental, and mid-forward musicality.
In addition, its beefier custom neck incorporates Collings’ newly redesigned T-Series neck support and other build techniques to produce the loose, broken-in feel that is highly desired among the best vintage instruments.
Key features include:
- Sitka or Adirondack spruce top with Honduran mahogany back and sides
- Completely revoiced top, back, and body bracing
- Lightweight Traditional materials and construction
- Vintage custom neck profile incorporating redesigned T-Series neck support
- All-nitrocellulose high gloss sunburst finish
- Fully-visible ivoroid rosette with black/white purfling
- 1 3/4″ bone nut
- Indian rosewood fingerboard with 19-frets and Mother-of-Pearl long dots
- Straight-style ebony bridge with 2 5/16″ string spacing and cut-through bone saddle
The CJ-45 T carries a MSRP of $6,400 and is available through authorized Collings retailers.
Watch the CJ-45 T introductory film:
About Collings Guitars
Collings Guitars’ team of skilled luthiers build custom handmade acoustic and electric guitars, mandolins, and ukuleles in Austin, Texas. Over the past 40 years, Collings Guitars has raised the bar for quality, tone, and playability amidst a number of fine guitar companies and independent builders. Collings’ reputation for quality construction and attention to detail is internationally known, earning the patronage of some of the world’s most accomplished artists and performers.