BIAS Distortion – The First Tone Match Distortion Pedal
BIAS Pedal allows users to capture any distortion pedal sound in the world and works with an app to allow users to share and download their custom tones on the cloud. Pre-orders kick off on October 20th.
San Diego, Oct 4th 2016 – Positive Grid (www.positivegrid.com), creator of the best selling BIAS Amp and BIAS FX guitar amp processors, today announced the launch of BIAS Pedal, the first tone match distortion pedal. BIAS Pedal allows users to capture any distortion pedal sound in the world. For the first time, guitarists and bassists will be able to create their own distortion pedal from circuit guts to the transistors, tone match any real life analog distortion pedal, and seamlessly transfer their pedal creations between their iPad, Mac/Win, and hardware devices. A limited batch of BIAS Distortion units will be available for pre-order on October 20th via Positive Grid’s website, with an official launch date expected in late 2016.
Introducing BIAS Distortion Pedal
Video by Positive Grid
Tone Match & ToneCloud
With BIAS Distortion pedal, users can easily match their favorite distortion, overdrive, fuzz, and boost pedals’ tones. BIAS Distortion integrates with BIAS Pedal’s Tone Match technology – it analyzes and compares your currently selected pedal and the sound of a target tube pedal. It then executes the tonal compensation and enhancements needed to make your pedal’s sound accurately match that of the target pedal. BIAS Distortion works with Positive Grid’s BIAS Pedal app for mobile and desktop to allow users to share and download their custom tones on the cloud.
BIAS Distortion Pedal – Overview
Video by Positive Grid
Distortion Pedal Design
BIAS Distortion Pedal allows users to easily design and modify their custom distortion pedal at the most detailed level – from the input volume, to the distortion stages and gain control, to pre and post EQ, and much more. Users can even change the pedal’s virtual guts as they would with a real life analog distortion pedal, like modifying their boost pedal’s germanium transistor or tweak their fuzz pedal’s silicon transistor. For the utmost ease of use, BIAS Pedal comes with hundreds of factory loaded distortion pedal presets, from blues and rock, to alternative and metal, to everything in between.
- Presets: Comes with 10 default presets and able to import new ones
with BIAS Pedal app (Mac/PC/iPad)
- Banks: Distortion Pro Pedal comes with A/B bank with total 20 presets
- MIDI Control: Full MIDI Implementation for much more flexible control
- Boost: Provides an addition boost function with 3 different boost type to increase additional Gain volume and shape your tone. Boost can be placed before or after the Distortion pedal.
- True bypass: True Bypass for the pure sound quality
- Expression Pedal: Connect with EXP. Pedal to real time control any paramater on stage
- Software: Includes BIAS Pedal app (Mac/PC) for pedal design, preset management and remoting
- USB connection: USB connection with PC & Mac
- USB power supply: Able to power up the pedal with USB connection
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth connectivity for BIAS Pedal iOS
- Tone Match: Allows to match any kind of distortion sound
- Tonecloud: Share and download tones of distortion sound
Further Information: www.positivegrid.com
BIAS Distortion Pedal will be available for pre-order on October 20th via Positive Grid’s website.
About Positive Grid
Based in California, with satellite operations in Germany, Italy and Taiwan, Positive Grid focuses on delivering superior and highly creative mobile music experiences. Since 2008, the company has designed and developed a core technology base and is currently expanding it to various applications. Positive Grid’s product range features the best selling guitar app JamUp, and BIAS Amp/BIAS FX for mobile and desktop.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!
Leave a reply