ONE.2 – sync electronic instruments instead of drummers
Ploytec GmbH/ Germany (September, 7th 2018) – (ictw) – Ploytec, the South German audio specialists just released their newly developed MIDI clock tap tempo pedal ONE.2.
When playing keyboards in a live band, it is sometimes a real problem to use sequences and arpeggios. The tempo is never exactly the same and it even slightly changes during a song because we’re all humans. Basically, there’s nothing wrong or bad about that since those are the things making music being “live”.
The ONE.2 tap tempo pedal enables you to sync electronic equipment to what’s going on. You can even fine adjust the tempo while it’s running. ONE.2 notices that you’re slightly ahead or behind quarter notes and gets your music back on the beat. It does so by smoothly accelerating or slowing down for a moment in order to get in sync. Having this unique feature ONE.2 is more than just tap tempo. It’s a real problem solver.
ONE.2 is very easy to use:
- Select an arpeggio or drum loop on your sequencer, drum computer or workstation
- Listen to the beat of your fellow musicians
- Tap the pedal on ‘1’ (1st beat of the measure) – ONE.2 starts the measuring
- Tap on ‘2’ – now ONE.2 knows the tempo and immediately starts transmitting a MIDI Clock signal: Your equipment is on the beat now. You can “tap on” to stay in sync!
- If the switch on the back points downward, on the next ‘1’, ONE.2 sends an additional MIDI Start, just in case you want to trigger a sequence or drum loop
About Ploytec GmbH:
Markus Medau, a developer and keyboardist joined forces in 1999 with Werner Wirsum, an information scientist, to develop USB Audio drivers. Reputable manufacturers soon secured licenses (Apogee, SoundDevices, and Yamaha, later followed by Access, Elektron, Lexicon, Steinberg, Tascam, and others). Kicking off their hardware business by early 2004 with the founding of Ploytec GmbH, the entrepreneurs are now also into mastering plugins, synthesizers, and MIDI.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!
Donate with Cryptocurrency
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Ethereum
Donate Cardano to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Cardano
Donate Usdcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Usdcoin