Elektron is delighted to introduce Model:Cycles, the six track FM based groovebox that brings exploring into the heart of sound sculpting.
With six unique Machines in one lightweight unit, you can effortlessly mold rhythm and melody across the digital spectrum using instant, tactile controls.
“This little groovebox is designed to bring something new to the table,” said CPO Jon Mårtensson Elmrud. “Immediacy and excellence. Minimalism and soft brutality. An otherworldly flair maybe? All are part of its essence. Its alignment is definitely chaotic neutral. Ideas and sounds realized through the tactile interface, the streamlined workflow and the refined FM sound engine will be of a different kind. We welcome the strange and wonderful Model:Cycles to the world!”
Scale angles dense and jagged, glide over plains vast and fluid, or sink into mists of dissonance. Exploration made attainable.
Define the formless
The six Machines of the digital FM engine are exclusive to Model:Cycles, covering both percussive and melodic synths, allowing you to make full, varied compositions. The four core Synth Controls put the tools of sound sculpting right in front of you, altering the behavior of each Machine differently and letting you push them to the limit. Every sound has a start, where will you take it?
Dedicated × 12
Dedicated knobs let you twist each Machine far and wide with wild, unexpected results waiting to be discovered. Use Control All to heave a parameter to the extreme and back again across every track. Elektron’s powerful sequencer gives you the freedom to record live or program the sounds and parameters of your composition one step at a time.
Light weight, heavy sound
Whether you use it as a versatile live instrument or groovebox on the go to pick up and craft full-blown compositions away from your studio, exploration has rarely felt so convenient and unimpeded.
Model:Cycles continues our deep affection for FM synthesis. Six different Machines: Kick, Snare, Metal, Perc, Tone, and Chord, come together to give us a sound engine rich in the DNA of Elektron greatness, but reimagined in its own distinctive way.
The Synth Controls
Each Machine is a unique mapping of the engine, and can be explored using four core Synth Controls – Color, Shape, Sweep, and Contour. Turning one of these knobs changes several, under-the-hood, parameters at once, allowing the machines to be tweaked both effortlessly and immensely.
Synth voice features
- 6 × FM-based Machines
- 1 × Assignable LFO per track
- 1 × Assignable velocity modulation per track
- Storage space for up to 60,000 presets
- 6 × Audio tracks (all of which may be used as MIDI tracks as well)
- Elektron sequencer with up to 64 steps
- Unique length and scale settings per track
- Parameter locks
- Micro timing
- Trig conditions
- Assignable retrig
- Real-time or grid recording of notes and parameters
- 96 × Projects
- 96 × Patterns per Project
Send & master effects
- Delay and reverb send FX
- 6 × Velocity sensitive pads
- Class compliant USB audio 2.0
- 1 × 1/4″ stereo headphone jack
- 2 × 1/4″ impedance balanced audio out jacks
- 1 × Hi-speed USB 2.0 Micro B port
- 3.5 mm dual polarity TRS MIDI In, Out/Thru jacks
- 128 × 64 pixel LCD screen
- 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A converters
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 Micro B port
- Power inlet: Center positive 3.5 × 1.35 mm barrel jack, 5 V DC, 1 A
Included in the box
- Power Supply PSU-4
- Micro USB Cable USB-2
- 2 × MIDI adapter (5-pin DIN to 3.5mm TRS minijack)
- W 270 × D 180 × H 39 mm (10.7″ × 7.1″ × 1.6″) (including knobs and feet)
- Weight: approximately 0.80 kg (1.8 lbs)
Pricing & availability
Model:Cycles is now available to purchase from the Elektron website or from retailers carrying the Elektron range of products. Pricing is 299 USD.
Elektron creates innovative and magnificent electronic musical instruments and devices, widely acclaimed for their stellar sound and immense creative potential. Formed in 1998, the company has its headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden, with a subsidiary in Los Angeles, USA, and Elektron Studios Berlin, our creative event space in the German capital.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!