EarthQuaker Devices Releases Limited-Edition Black Ash Endangered Fuzz
Extra special effects pedal manufacturer EarthQuaker Devices released the Limited-Edition Black Ash Endangered Fuzz today, November 7, 2018.
Limited to only 1,500 units worldwide, Black Ash is a fuzz/overdrive taking cues from the legendary “three-knob” Tone Bender. It uses a highly curated selection of premium components including paper-in-oil capacitors and half-watt carbon composition resistors from EarthQuaker Devices president Jamie Stillman’s personal collection to light a fire under a classic fuzz/drive circuit that delivers an explosive-yet-detailed treble response, a sturdy and articulate midrange, and subterranean bass extension.
Black Ash Endangered Fuzz
- Limited to 1,500 units
- Uses rare and irreplaceable components from Jamie Stillman’s personal stash including paper-in-oil capacitors and NOS half-watt carbon composition resistors
- Unique Top control adjusts key frequencies between 2kHz and 10kHz to adjust how “forward” the guitar sits in a full-band mix and helps to pair Black Ash with different pickup types
- Volume control voiced for unity gain around 10 o’clock; lots of output on tap
- Fuzz control adjusts gain from cooled-off amp-like breakup to scorching fuzz
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching
- All-analog signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current Draw: 20ma
- Input Impedance: 100K
- Output Impedance: 22K
- USA MAP / Suggested Retail: $199 USD
- Boxed Dimensions: 5.5” x 3.25” x 3.25”
- Out-of-box dimensions: 4.75″ x 2.50″ x 2.25″
EarthQuaker Devices Black Ash Endangered Fuzz Demo
Video by EarthQuakerDevices
About EarthQuaker Devices
EarthQuaker Devices has been building guitar effect pedals entirely by hand in lovely Akron, Ohio since 2004.
Please visit http://earthquakerdevices.com/ for more information.