Death By Audio Effects Pedals ROOMS Stereo Reverberator Pre-Orders to Begin January 30, 2020
Following a strong debut at the 2020 NAMM Show in Anaheim, New York-based effects pedal manufacturer Death By Audio will begin taking pre-orders for the new ROOMS Stereo Reverberator on January 30, 2020.
QUEENS, NY –– Death By Audio Effects Pedals announced Thursday January 30 that pre-orders for the new ROOMS Stereo Reverberator are open to the public.
ROOMS is a stereo, multi-function digital reverb capable of searing volume, gated walls of sound, and long, trailing reverberant ambiances with an intuitive array of controls designed with real-time mood-bending in mind. It’s the finely tuned and infinitely tweakable result of Death By Audio founder Oliver Ackermann’s lifelong obsession with reverb effects units.
ROOMS’ six reverb algorithms – ROOM, DIGIT, PEAK, WAVE, GATE, and GONG – have been meticulously programmed in-house to deliver an endless universe of sounds, and to aid in their exploration, the pedal features an ALT footswitch. This switch engages a secondary set of controls that allows the user to seamlessly shift between settings and also activates the expression pedal (optional) for hands-free space-and-time travel of a cosmic auditory nature.
An output mixer designed in collaboration with Electronic Audio Experiments provides pristine, studio-quality control of the wet and dry signals from -inf to 20x gain, making ROOMS sound right at home on pedalboards, at front-of-house, and in the recording studio, and with gain to spare. Rooms’ creative I/O switching and dual mono dry signal lines allows for a wealth of possible mono and stereo configurations, making it easy to route signals for parallel processing or stereo amplifier setups.
Pre-orders for the Death By Audio ROOMS Stereo Reverberator begin January 30, 2020, and will ship Spring 2020. First come, first served. ROOMS is also available at Death By Audio dealers.
Death by Audio Rooms Stereo Reverberator at Winter NAMM 2020
Video by Reverb
Death By Audio ROOMS Stereo Reverberator
- Six unique, meticulously programmed stereo reverb algorithms
- ROOM – A classic reverb that simulates many different rooms
- DIGIT – A filter matrix verb capable of creating otherworldly resonances and fractured repeats.
- PEAK – A super intense bandpass filter combined with an ambient reverb.
- WAVE – A gated reverb. Short reverb times create a classic gate effect, long reverb times create a controllable freeze effect.
- GATE – Creates a pitch vibrato effect. Lowering TIME will blend out the reverb signal, allowing sweeps from chorus/vibrato to long modulated reverbs.
- GONG – Ethereal, crushed reverb sounds guaranteed to make you a star in the upcoming remake of DUNE and live out your sci-fi fantasies of space travel and galactic domination. Control the spice, control the universe.
- ALT footswitch switches between two sets of controls and engages expression pedal (optional)
- Clever I/O switching also allows for a variety of routing possibilities for parallel processing and stereo amplifier setups
- Hi-fidelity output mixer designed in collaboration with Electronic Audio Experiments
- MAP: $395 USD
- Dimensions: 5.95″ x 3.86″ x 2.96″ (including hardware)
- Weight: 18oz.
- Power: 80 mA, 9V (runs on a standard 2.1 mm negative center 9V adapter)
- Expression Pedal: Almost any expression pedal will work with ROOMS. When not plugged in, the controls work as normal. NOTE: Expression control ONLY controls the F or T knobs when ALT mode is engaged and when an expression pedal is plugged in.
About Death By Audio Effects Pedals
Founded in Virginia in 2002 by A Place to Bury Strangers singer-guitarist Oliver Ackermann, Death By Audio handmakes effects pedals in an underground warehouse in Queens, NYC.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!