DSM Humboldt Introduces Black Clouds Lead Tone Machine
Features an extensive control set that allows for maximum creativity
SANTIAGO, CHILE – January 31, 2023 – (GUITARpr) – DSM & Humboldt Electronics have just introduced the new Black Clouds, which translates a clear vision of what a Lead Tone Machine should be into stark reality.
Black Clouds is aggressive and articulated, yet it is quiet, due in large part to its X-Gate feature. With a unique amp feel, it can produce some amazing chugs. The noise gate works well for chopping breakdowns. There is a powerful 3-band EQ, tons of gain on tap, plus a dual boost function for even more gain and volume. Three modes of operation can adapt to virtually any setup.
Black Clouds features an extensive and thoughtful control set that includes:
- Pre Boost: Controls the amount of input boost from 0 to 30dB with a slight mid boost to add definition. Use it if you want to raise the gain and compression when using the boost function. This control is not functional if the pedal is bypassed.
- Gain: Controls the gain, ranging from crunch to high gain mayhem.
- Level: Controls the output volume.
- Master Boost: Sets the amount of output clean boost, from 0 to 20dB. Use it to raise the volume when using the boost function. This control is still functional if the pedal is bypassed and can be used as an independent clean booster.
- Pre Tone: Use it to balance the amount of high or bottom end entering the drive circuit and compensate for different pickup characteristics for a consistent tone. Clockwise, the low end is reduced, and the top end is enhanced (for tighter, more aggressive chugs). Counterclockwise, the bottom end is enhanced, and the top end reduced (for fatter, fuller single lines). It’s great for finding the right balance of tightness without losing too much body for your pickups.
- Bass: Controls the low frequencies below 300hz, +- 10dB
- Mids: Controls the midrange response, between 300 and 2khz, +-12dB
- Treble: Controls the high frequencies above 2khz, +-15dB
- X-Gate Switch: X-gate is a passive noise gate that chops the silent passages instantly. It’s great for Djenty percussive breakdowns. It also adds crossover distortion which adds another layer of texture to the tone.
The new Black Clouds is priced at $279 USD, and is available in stores now. Additional information can be found at www.dsmhumboldt.com.
If you find this content helpful, please consider a donation. Thank you!