Lille, France – July 6, 2017 – Arobas Music has just launched the 7th generation of their famous tablature and music notation software Guitar Pro, a must-have tool for musicians who want to create, play and share their musical compositions.
Compatible with Windows and macOS, this new version offers a new interface, optimized performances, as well as many new features. Guitar Pro 7 aims at meeting its users’ expectations by releasing a more evolved product that remains simple to use and continues to push Guitar Pro forward in exciting new ways.
Top features in Guitar Pro 7
- The brand new graphic interface introduces mobile sidebars as well as a toolbar that allows you to access the main features with a single click.
- Tablature is now available for every track, including drums.
- The audio setting for the RSE (Realistic Sound Engine, soundbanks exclusive to Guitar Pro) tracks has been You can now choose your preset among 1000 models that bring together an instrument and an effect chain.
- RSE tracks can be mixed with MIDI without any lag or latency.
- Many new instrument sounds have been added, from gipsy guitar to electric sitar and dobro, fretless bass or bagpipes.
- You can now plug your guitar into Guitar Pro 7 via an audio interface and play along using the effect chain and the virtual amp set for the active track. You can choose from 10 guitar amps (from very clean to very distorted) and 3 bass amps.
- New audio export formats are available: MP3, FLAC, Ogg, AIFF.
- New musical notation elements have been added, like golpe for flamenco, pick scrape for the Van Halen fans, and dead slap for bass players. The elements of musical notation are now displayed more accurately (e.g., bends, collisions between several elements).
- Performances have been optimized: startup is faster, scrolling is seamless, the sound quality is better, and the overall setup simpler.
- A polyphonic tuner allows you to check the tuning of every string with a single strum.
- MIDI and MusicXML imports and exports have been improved. You can now use a password to protect your files from being read or edited.
- Guitar Pro 7 allows you to read and edit files created with any other previous version of Guitar Pro
Learn more about all these new features with this video.
What’s New in Guitar Pro 7
Video by Guitar Pro / David Wallimann
Availability and pricing
Guitar Pro 7 is compatible with Windows and macOS — available in its trial and full version (instant download or DVD-ROM), on www.guitar-pro.com and in stores, at the fixed price of 75,00 €/$. Users of previous versions (from version 1 to 6) can upgrade for 37,50 €/$ only.
Klick on the banner to get your free trial!
GUITAR PRO Software
Arobas Music created the first tablature editor designed for guitar and bass players back in 1997. This software has since become the worldwide reference for composers, arrangers, transcribers, and music teachers, as well as amateur and pro guitarists.
Guitar Pro is designed for editing both tablature and standard sheet music for guitar, bass, and other fretted instruments from 3 to 8 strings. It also allows you to edit music notation for any other instruments such as keyboards, drums, strings, wind instruments, and percussions. It is a complete and convenient tool, whether you’re a beginner or a pro. Guitar Pro allows you to work in a methodical way to improve your playing level, to write songs and immediately listen to the arrangement, or to play your guitar along great-sounding backing tracks.
The software is available in English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish. Translations in other languages will be provided in the next free software updates.
Visit www.guitar-pro.com for further details.