Swedish music company Elektron today announced that Digitakt, an eight track digital drum machine and sampler, is now available for pre-order.
Digitakt is a new compact drum machine from Elektron. It contains all the necessary tools to make people move to the beat. A digital and highly flexible sound engine, sampling capability, a live-friendly sequencer, the means to control external MIDI gear, and Overbridge support.
All new hi-res encoders and extremely durable back-lit buttons (rated for 50 million presses) ensure superior operation. The ultra crisp OLED screen perfectly renders the clear and streamlined user interface.
The first Digitakt production batch is about to be assembled, and it has been reserved for pre-orders. Pre-ordering starts March 15 and will last until the batch is sold out.
- 8 internal audio tracks
- 8 dedicated MIDI tracks
- 1 × Digital multi-mode filter per audio track
- 1 × Distortion effect per audio track
- 1 × Assignable LFO per track
- Delay and Reverb send FX
- Sampling capability
- 64 MB sample memory
- 1 GB +Drive storage
- 2 × ¼” input & 2 × ¼” balanced output
- 1 × High Speed USB 2.0 port
- MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports
- Overbridge enabled
- Dimensions: W215×D176×H63 mm (8.5×7.2×2.5″) (incl. knobs and rubber feet)
- Weight: approximately 1.45 kg (3.2 lbs)
Digitakt Online Interactive Demo
You may embed the Digitakt online demo on your website. Visit elektron.se/digitakt-iframe-builder for instructions and customization.
Digitakt Pricing and availability
Digitakt retails for $679/€769. Shipments start in May. To pre-order Digitakt, visit the Elektron webshop or contact your favorite Elektron retailer.
Overbridge for Digitakt
Overbridge is a software suite from Elektron, offering powerful tools when using Digitakt together with computers. It comes in two variants, Basic and Premium.
Overbridge Premium Highlights
- Fully integrate Digitakt with DAW environments
- Control Digitakt with a dedicated VST/AU plugin interface
- Use Digitakt as a 2 in/2 out sound card (CoreAudio/ASIO/WDM)
- Stream multiple audio channels via USB (24 bit/48 kHz)
- Recall all Digitakt settings when loading a DAW project
- Plus all features of Overbridge Basic
Overbridge Basic Highlights
- Sample manager/librarian functionality
- MIDI over USB
- Digitakt sequencer/DAW sync
- Computer screen visualization of Digitakt parameters
- Audio streaming of Main outs over USB (time limited sessions)
Overbridge Premium will be available in the Elektron webshop for $69/€79. Overbridge Basic will be free of charge.
Elektron creates innovative and magnificent electronic musical instruments and devices, widely acclaimed for their stellar sound and immense creative potential. The company was formed in 1998 and consists of a head office located in Gothenburg, Sweden and subsidiaries in Tokyo, Japan and Los Angeles, USA.